Health & Wellness Coach
Dr. Karen Correa
I have been in Clinical Research and drug development for 30 years. My goal as a wellness counselor is to go beyond the treatment phase and prioritize prevention in an effort to help individuals achieve healthy life styles and reach their fullest potential.
My own personal journey involved multiple traumas and challenges from which I needed to heal. Instead of becoming a victim I chose to be a victor and take charge of my personal and professional life and my health outcomes. I realized that only I could make a difference in my life so I began my journey to change and implement behaviors that I employ to this day. Overtime my confidence and self-determination became my daily journey. It was then that I developed my “Self-Love” platform. I am here to share my proven techniques to self-love that provides an atmosphere of healing in all aspects of life.
Dr. Correa holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology, a Master in Health Administration, and a Doctorate of Philosophy in International Health Research. She has a certificate in Pharmaceutical Management and Health and Wellness coaching from Cornell University and is a Certified Clinical Research Associate and board-certified Medical Affairs Associate. She has utilized her education and experience to inspire young women and girls seeking careers in STEM-related fields, with a focus on increasing diversity in these challenging and rewarding roles.
Dr. Correa’s passion does not end at the office but extends to her commitment to service and giving back. She currently sits on the boards of CAMcare Health Corporation, the Editorial Board of Clinical Leader Magazine, and the Alumni Board at East Carolina University.
Publications & Recognition
- Recipient of the State of New Jersey, Senate and General Assembly Joint Legislature Resolution for Outstanding Service, Leadership and Commitment (2021)
- Recipient of the US House of Representatives Congressional Proclamation for Outstanding Community Service (2021)
- Recipient of the Women of Achievement Candace Award from The National Coalition of 100 Black Women (2021)
- Mrs. New Jersey International 2020
- Mrs. New Jersey Cosmos 2019
- Mrs. New Jersey (1st Runner-Up) 2019
- Recipient of the Laura Marie Leary Elliott Courageous Leader Award (2018)
- Board Member of East Carolina University Alumni (2018- Present)
- Board Grants Chair, Susan G. Komen Central South Jersey Affiliate, February (2018 – Present)
- Mrs. New Jersey (1st Runner-Up) 2018
- All American Super Model (2017)
- All American New Jersey Woman (2017)
- Authored “Patient Diversity: The Elephant in the Room”, Clinical Trials Arena (2016)
- Editorial Board Member of Clinical Leader (2016 – Present)
- Board Member of CAMcare Health Corporation, Camden NJ (2016 – Present)
- Board Member Cancer Support Community Advisory Board, Philadelphia, PA (2015)
- Recipient of the “Best Corporate Liaison” KGI Pfizer TMP; Diversity in Clinical Trials (2014-2015)
- Co- authored “Clinical Research Recruitment & Retention Tactics” (2015)
- Recognition award for Outstanding Excellence and Dedication to Her Profession and the Achievement Award from National Association of Professional Women (2013-2014)
- Authored “Optimizing Trial Design through Collaboration with PIs” Pharmaceutical Outsourcing (2009)
- Board of Directors for Trinity Research Consultants (2007 – 2012)
- Recognition Award for Career Panelist of First Year Students at NC State University (1999 – 2001)
“Only when Awareness, Access, and Action are implemented together will we see health disparities eliminated”
– Dr Karen Correa